Sunday, August 12, 2018

It's been a while since I posted an update on my work, so I thought I'd share a little about what's been going on in 2018. It has certainly been eventful so far, with lots of projects and possibilities zipping around the old entertainment ether. Here are some of the highlights:

- Produced a series of five docu-style Facebook ads for music rehearsal app Playyo, all featuring actual musical artists, which have been running since March

- Served as a producer for the LA unit of feature documentary "Lil' Buck Renaissance," featuring prolific dancer Lil' Buck and interviewees such as choreographer Benjamin Millepied and director Spike Jonze

- Currently assisting longtime friend and collaborator Nathan Ives on his feature documentary "Somewhere in the Middle" about working artists and craftspeople

- I guess you could say 2018 has been the year of the documentary, as I've also been working on researching and brainstorming ideas for my own feature documentary in addition to all the other projects mentioned above

- Turns out "The Basement," a horror feature I produced in 2016-17 with Mischa Barton will get a limited theatrical release by Uncork'd Entertainment next month followed by a release to home entertainment

- Was featured in a number of interviews and profiles this year for a variety of media outlets including Movie Vine, The Movie Elite, Film Courage, From Page 2 Screen, We Are Cult and Inquisitr (the latter named my film "Comfort" the "best romance story you haven't seen" from 2017)

- TDP Films was a stone's throw away from locking production financing for the techno-thriller "LITU," with an MG from ARRI Media and private equity coming from investors in India (I would have started prepping the film back in late May/early June), but it looks like the Indians pulled out at the last second, leaving us scrambling to find a new source of funding :(

- Continue to work with various clients on advancing their feature projects toward the starting line, including "Walking on Palmettos" for FreeWill Films (we have partial financing committed from Weathervane Productions); "Worth the Fight" for Flyweight Films (we were able to attach actor Tony Lo Bianco and have director John Hillcoat reading for consideration); and "P27" for Allen Media Group/Windsor House Entertainment (my newest client; we're working on script development)

- Continue to act occasionally when the urge hits me, and this year I had a speaking part in the HBO series "Big Little Lies" with Reese Witherspoon, Nicole Kidman and Laura Dern, which I believe airs in early 2019

Naturally, I'm always happy to entertain new clients, whether they're looking for an experienced producer to execute a funded feature, help handling marketing and distribution, assistance with packaging cast, or just a knowledgeable line producer/UPM to run a budget. More information about me and what I do can be found at www.markheidelberger.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment