Saturday, May 9, 2020

Mark's Little Corner - May 9, 2020

As we roll toward summer, with hopeful signs that the economy will reopen soon, I find myself performing a lot of script development and budgeting work for clients. Actually, my life hasn't changed all that much from the way it was before the whole COVID thing happened. Still sitting at my desk 90% of the workday going through emails, rolling calls, reading material, typing notes, running numbers and finding creative ways to push projects toward the starting line. It's more the social component of life that's been tempered. So, while I await the director's cut for "The Inheritance," I have a number of other promising projects for fall, including a horror to shoot in Oklahoma, a coming-of-age drama from a producer in San Fran, and a sci-fi pilot from a couple writer-producers in NYC. I expect that when Hollywood gets back on its feet, there will be a flood of work, but we'll also have to get used to some new ways of doing things. 2020 looks to be a pivotal year in the world of entertainment, although we won't really know just how much until the fall. In the meantime, just keep getting those projects in shape while you have the time!



No comments:

Post a Comment